The Henry County Soil Conservation District was organized under the Soil Conservation Laws, as set out in Tennessee Soil Conservation Act of 1939. The organization of the Henry County Soil Conservation District was completed in 1951 with the designated authority to develop comprehensive plans for the conservation and use of soil, water, and other related resources.
The district was formed on September 13, 1951, and on that date, the governing body signed a memorandum of understanding for assistance from the United States Department of Agriculture Soil Conservation Service, in achieving soil and water conservation. The Henry County Soil Conservation District was chartered by the following founding board members: J. T. VanDyck, H. R. Wimberley, Calvin Cox, Joe Moseley, and John Walters. In 2023, our name officially changed to the Henry County Soil & Water Conservation District.
The Henry County Soil & Water Conservation District works with the Natural Resources Conservation Service to help provide landowners & producers with assistance in protecting and conserving the soil and water resources of Henry County.